Re: Software Wish List-word/help

Subject: Re: Software Wish List-word/help
From: Chuck Martin <cmartin -at- SEEKERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:36:18 -0700

Microsoft changed the RTF specification when it released Word 97. A new
Help compiler, version 4.03 (I think) is available on their web site.

At 11:08 AM 8/22/97 -0400, you wrote:
>It is, indeed -- I just upgraded to Visual C++ 5.0 and one of the major
>in the ReadMe is "HCW.EXE does not support Office 97." I've got both,
>Office 97
>and Word 95 on my machine -- I use 95 for any serious work and 97 to
>files I get from other folks on 97. What a waste. Access 97 causes as
>problems with programs that use Access.
>Alexia Prendergast
>Senior Technical Writer
>Seagate Software

"You don't look American"
"Everyone looks American, because Americans are from everywhere"
- Doonesbury
Chuck Martin
Technical Writer, Seeker Software, Inc | Personal
cmartin -at- seekersoft -dot- com | writer -at- grin -dot- net |

Search the archives at or search and
browse the archives at