Re: screenprint of entire browser screen

Subject: Re: screenprint of entire browser screen
From: Dave Chisma & Gail Hodgson <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 11:22:15 +1000

Matt Ion wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 14:47:09 -0500, Bill Baker wrote:
>
> >I am capturing screens from a help booklet. The previous version of this
> >booklet is in HTML. Some of the pages are longer than the screen, and so I
> >can only capture the part actually visable. Then I take part of the page
> >at a time to Microsoft Image Composer and paste them together. The final
> >picture must be a bitmap.
> >
> >Does anyone have a quicker way to capture browser pages that cannot be seen
> >one one screen?
>
> I dunno if it'll work in Windows, but in OS/2, all I have to do is set
> the appropriate printer to "Hold" status, and do a standard Print from
> the browser. Opening the printer view and double-clicking the print job
> loads it into the built-in Picture Viewer, where it can be copied to the
> clipboard.
>
> Your friend and mine,
> Matt
> <insert standard disclaimer here>

Another way that might help is to use Acrobat PDF Writer to print the
HTML files to PDF (minus any background, it seems). You can open the PDF
file in Acrobat Exchange and use the Select Graphics tool to copy
portions of the PDF file into other applications to export as a bitmap.

Cheers, Dave Chisma
chisma -at- c031 -dot- aone -dot- net -dot- au
"If your only tool is a hammer, you tend to see all of your problems as
nails."