Re: page size

Subject: Re: page size
From: Virginia Day <Virginia_Day -at- DATACARD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 12:23:29 -0500

Peg,

I think the standard size for software manuals is 7 1/2 inches wide by
9 inches high. (Thats what we user for user information.) The
reasoning is that its easier to keep a smaller manual within reach,
easier to keep it open because it does not demand as much desk space,
etc. I don't have any hard data--this seems to have passed into the
realm of common knowledge.

HTH. Regards, Virginia

Subject: page size
Author: Peg Rickard <peg -dot- rickard -at- OHMEDA -dot- BOC -dot- COM> at Internet
Date: 8/27/97 1:20 PM

Does anyone know of any studies done on page size of manuals=2E We're=20
revising the packaging of our documentation and I would like to reduce the=20
size from 81/2 x 11 to 7 x 9 or similar size=2E Are they studies that disc=
uss=20
user preferences in page size?

Thanks for your help=2E

Peg