Re: Question on Word Macros

Subject: Re: Question on Word Macros
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 12:58:25 -0500

In our previous episode, Kris Olberg said:
> You're quite right about Word 97. It's a mess.
>
> However, its macro interface is simply Visual Basic for Applications (VBA),
> which is a well-developed language. Don't waste any time learning this if
> you plan to freeland as a macro writer. You'll be able to apply it to all
> of the Office products, including Access, Outlook, and Excel. Knowing VBA
> renders your skill set invaluable.

Do you have any suggestions for resources for learning VBA
(particularly the Word 97 parts of VBA)? I'm a competent WordBasic
user, but all of the Help files included with the VB module seem to
assume that the user knows a) programming in general, and b)
object-oriented jargon.

I understand Microsoft Press has a Word 97/VBA book out, but I haven't
heard anything about it. What I'd really like is something like
Microsoft Press' Word Developer's Kit or the equivalent book that
Woody whatsisname (the WOPR person) did for WordBasic.