Re: word97 section breaks

Subject: Re: word97 section breaks
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- WAVEFRONT -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 1997 15:52:15 -0500

In our previous episode, Laura Praderio said:
> does anyone know if word97 is any better with section breaks than previous
> versions of the program? we were thinking of using one file with a coverpage,
> toc, mainbody, and index. we currently use RD (reference document paths) with
> separate files for the toc and index because section breaks are so ugly when
> setting different headers and footers.

They're essentially identical. On the other hand, I think the section
breaks work remarkably well in Word, as long as I remember to keep an
eye on my section break linking.

This may be irrelevant to your message, but I find the "styleref"
field code invaluable in doing headings that are linked, but neverless
change automatically from chapter to chapter.