Re: Anyone use Ventura?

Subject: Re: Anyone use Ventura?
From: Estella Clifford <cliff -at- FP -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 09:01:26 EST

>What I'm actually hoping to find is a mailing list or interenet user
>group for Ventura Publisher. Anyone know of such a critter?

<snipped>

Hi, Melanie,

I belonged to a DiscussVentura mailing list that shutdown on 1 June 97.
A week or so before the shutdown, information about a new list was
posted there. I have not subscribed to the new Ventura list, but I did
save the information, and it is appended below.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Estella

>A big Thank you to many of you for your support in setting up a new
>Ventura Discussion List!
>
>The immediate subscription of many people has made me decide
>to open the official subscription immediately. This means that the
>List is currently up & running. As I would like to see if everything
>works fine,
>I would like to ask you to subscribe using the official and automatic
>server software; this will not only guarantee a correct subscription,
>but for me it is a way to find out if it all works! Besides that,
>after you have confirmed your subscription you will be able to send
>messages to the List right away.
>
>To subscribe to the new Ventura Mailing List send mail to
>
> listserv -at- plaza -dot- inventiv-edu -dot- nl
>
>The body (not the subject!) of your message should contain the
>following text
>
> sub ventura-d
>
>You will recieve a confirmation message to make sure that you are the
>one that has subscribed you to the list. Simply reply to the
>confirmation
>message with a mere 'OK' in the body of the message (this will all be
>explained in the message you receive).
>
>Once your subscription has been confirmed, you will be able to start
>sending messages to the list. To send a message to all members of
>the list, send mail to the following address:
>
> ventura-d -at- plaza -dot- inventiv-edu -dot- nl
>
>Initially you will not receive your own messages, which is convenient,
>but may leave you wondering whether the messages you send actually
>reach the list. If you're interested in receiving your own mail,
>please
>send the following message to listserv -at- plaza -dot- inventiv-edu -dot- nl (after
>your
>subscription has been confirmed):
>
> set ventura-d repro
>
>Allright, so much for the technicalities. Let's get the show on the
>road!
>
>All the best,
>
>Bob van Duuren
>bob -at- inventiv-edu -dot- nl

Estella Clifford (whose opinions are all hers)
Sr. Technical Writer
mailto:clifford -at- fp -dot- com

"The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart.
The most powerful weapon you can be is an instrument of peace."
- Carlos Santana