grayed out pdf files when printing

Subject: grayed out pdf files when printing
From: Alva Ware-Bevacqui <abevacqu -at- ATEX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 09:16:37 EDT

Last week I posted a message about my .pdf files coming out gray when
I print them. I got a few good suggestions:

--When creating PDF files use Distiller. If you are already using
Distiller, then you might try changing the printer driver that's being
used to create the Postscript file.

--Making sure your printing is turned on in the settings file for .pdf
files. The menu choices for the settings are File>>>Document
Info>>>Security.

--If these are documents you created, it might be the printer driver you
use to create the pdf file, rather than the one you're trying to print
with.

--Check Acrobat settings when you create a postscript file that the
Distiller uses.

--Select the halftone option for the printer if the document uses high res
halftone screens.

Unfortunately, I couldn't resolve the problem, and I am having the tech
people here look at the printer driver. I've been able to print it on
another printer: the text comes out fine but the images look horrible. . .

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Alva Ware-Bevacqui
Technical Writer
Atex Media Solutions