Job Offer

Subject: Job Offer
From: Chiba Atsushi <chiba -at- MIMJ -dot- CO -dot- JP>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 18:18:26 +0900

Technical Writers:

We are a printing company based in Japan that specializes in manuals. Our main client is one of the world's leading optical equipment manufacturers, and we make virtually all of their manuals both in Japanese and English (and sometimes in other languages).

Because the client develops new products here, their Japanese engineers write manuals' drafts in Japanese. Then our translators translate them into English.

Now we are looking for competent technical writers (native English speakers only) who can proofread/rewrite translated text. Proofreading/rewriting means finding grammatical errors and altering sentences and constructions so that they read better as well as correcting technical misunderstandings of our translators.

The areas include microscopes, endoscopes, light source units and other ancillary equipment, 35-mm still cameras, Advanced Photo System cameras, film scanners, digital still cameras, MO drives, digital voice recorders, etc.

The amount of work varies. I would say it is roughly 20,000 words to 200,000 words each month.

If you are interested in working for us, please send me a reply via private e-mail (chiba -at- mimj -dot- co -dot- jp). Your reply must include your resume and the rate you would charge us per word.

I'm looking forward to your reply.

Best,

Chiba Atsushi [(Mr.) -- *Chiba* is my surname]

Director, Translation Department
Miyuki Printing Co., Ltd.
Voice: +81-3-3320-6802 (office)/+81-010-045-9451 (cellular)
Fax: +81-3-3320-6802