Re: A simple question

Subject: Re: A simple question
From: "Wittel, Teresa J." <WITTTJ -at- NCSLINK -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 1997 17:16:00 -0700

Hey - I'm good at these!

Unfortunately, I ALWAYS try to improve whatever I'm working on -
whether or not I get paid for it. A bad habit that you should not
emulate. It turns you into a stressed out writer with financial ruin
lurking about your footsteps!

The only time it pays off is IF you previously (or sometimes not
previously) got the client's approval, OR if you expect to have to work
with the manual in the future, e.g., future revisions, etc. It can
really simplify your future if you fix some stuff as you go. Realize,
of course, that you still need to make your deadlines and that's where
the stress comes in.

So, go with the previous advice and talk to the client first. See if
s/he thinks it is worth the money to fix.