Re: Speaking of Improper Terminology

Subject: Re: Speaking of Improper Terminology
From: Jeffrey Pittman <jpittman -at- XWS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 14:15:20 -0700

At 12:54 PM 9/17/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Since we're on the topic of inappropriate terms, I think that the
>analogy of Master and Slave is something we should all be striving to
>eliminate from our vernacular...

So what terminology do you use when you write instructions
for setting up multiple hard drives? My CMOS settings, and
any others I have seen, need to be told what the specs are
for the master (bootable) hard drive and the slave hard drive.
Or, do you just reject the entire concept and live with only
one hard drive no matter how full it gets.

YOUR THOUGHTS,
DREAMS,
and IDEAS
ARE LIKE BALLOONS...