Re: Speaking of Improper Terminology

Subject: Re: Speaking of Improper Terminology
From: Alexia Prendergast <alexiap -at- SEAGATESOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 17:16:13 -0400

This thread is providing some good comic relief. ;-)

At one company, we developed custom code for customers.
One customer made us replace the word "abort" throughout the
code because they found it to be offensive. (Phew, I'm glad
we didn't use it in the docs.)

In the interest of the "customer is always right," I avoid words
that can be misconstrued unless they are common technical
terms for my particular audience. I can think of several instances
in which "master" and "slave" are commonly used.

As always, a little common sense goes a long way with this stuff.

A.
--
Alexia Prendergast
Tech Pubs Manager