contracting

Subject: contracting
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 10:17:20 -0400

I've been following the thread about contracting somewhat, and
haven't seen what I find to be the biggest problem mentioned: the
isolation. The jobs I enjoyed the most were those where I worked the most
with the client staff; but most of my jobs lately have been "Here, take
this and write it."
At one time I would have said that was my ideal, and perhaps it
was. It no longer is; I find that I spend my first hour at work doing
things like this, just to feel connected to other people.
I can live w/ feast or famine; I've actually learned that, most of
the time, I have some control over famine. But I'm finding the isolation
increasingly problematic.

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)
durl -at- buffnet -dot- net