Re: contracting

Subject: Re: contracting
From: JIMCHEVAL -at- AOL -dot- COM
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 12:18:16 -0400

In a message dated 97-09-22 10:34:28 EDT, durl -at- buffnet -dot- net writes:

<< I've been following the thread about contracting somewhat, and
haven't seen what I find to be the biggest problem mentioned: the
isolation. >>
Don't know how much of your writing is strict writing and how much requires
frequent printing, Internet access, etc. But if it's mainly the former, try
finding some pleasant places where you can go with a portable. This may be
harder in East Aurora than in L.A., but perhaps it's doable.

(You mean you DON'T have a Starbucks yet? Count yourself blessed.)

Even if you're not chatting away, being surrounded by people (and with
completely different interests) can be stimulating in itself. If you do get
into conversations, stop your 'clock' and give yourself a break.

No point in being independant if you don't give *yourself* the same freedom
you were trying to get from a boss.

Jim C.
Los Angeles