master/slave

Subject: master/slave
From: Mona Albano <Mona_Albano -at- PROMIS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 18:28:35 -0400

>Date: Thu, 18 Sep 1997 09:23:44 -0500
>From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- CHARLESINDUSTRIES -dot- COM>
>Subject: Re: Re[2]: Speaking of Improper Terminology
>
>OK. What about master/servant? Would that describe essentially the
>same relationship? Or refer to the "master" drive as the "alpha"
>drive?

That's a good suggestion but I think we can go farther.
I usually try to avoid long, Latinate words, but what about

primary/secondary?

That seems to be pretty well accepted by technical types. Or

driver/_____?

I don't think it's my job to tell other people they shouldn't
be bothered by something that doesn't bother me...
People differ a great deal in experience, resiliancy, and
sensitivity. If we want to communicate, not distract, we will
be guided by those who are more alert to these things.

One of my favourite cartoons is One-stop Psychotherapy:

"Whack! Snap out of it!" But I wouldn't recommend it in real life.

Regards,
Mona
mona -dot- albano -at- promis -dot- com