Online HELP Tool Analysis Assistance Please...

Subject: Online HELP Tool Analysis Assistance Please...
From: Smokey Lynne L Bare <slbare -at- JUNO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 1997 00:56:55 -0400

...from those of you who have used the various HELP tools. Thank you to
the many TCs who have taken time to reply to my request for suggesting an
online software tool. After reviewing all the wonderful and creative
comments, the tools have been narrowed down to:

RoboHelp, ForeHelp, and Doc-to-Help

Now there is a second part to my request. I am going to storyboard some
sample screens for a VP's presentation. If any of you have any design,
layout, usability, product support (online HELP vendor) trouble, or any
story from hell, please E-mail me at your earliest convenience with this
information. The presentation is scheduled for Oct. 1. The original
scenario was that the client is using Word 7 on an NT server. The online
HELP tool is to be written in Word (Windows) 7, but the application is a
Visual Basic Marketing/Forecasting tool. This tool has been requested by
Business Analysts to help log their clients' requests for product. This
is for in-house (BAs are clients) use only at present. Perhaps it may go
to a web server for the marketing staff or corporate offices in Texas.
We are in Ohio.

What seemed unusual when I did my exploratory interview was that the BAs'
asked for only three
things in their HELP needs analysis:

Definition of Fields
Selected (Specific) Index [Subject Matter Choice Only - Not every word in
text]
Cross Impacts affecting other applications or other software

Keeping in mind these requests, are the above mentioned tools capable of
fulfilling these work requirements? In this case, you (subscribers) are
the SMEs.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions and stories from hell you are
willing to share with us.

live from the bare's den.......

Smokey

Previous by Author: Smokey Lynne L Bare <slbare -at- JUNO -dot- COM>: Mail Delivery Subsystem <postoffice -at- staff -dot- juno -dot- com>: Returned mail: User unknown
Previous by Thread: Smokey Lynne L Bare <slbare -at- JUNO -dot- COM>: Mail Delivery Subsystem <postoffice -at- staff -dot- juno -dot- com>: Returned mail: User unknown