Re: Inch per Second

Subject: Re: Inch per Second
From: Wally Glassett <wallyg -at- THEGRID -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 20:28:48 -0700

DURL wrote:

> I use *Science and Technical Writing: A Manual of Style* for a
>
> source for questions like this. (Engineers seem to find it more
> acceptable than Chicago.)
> I understand IEEE has a style manual, too;
> if anyone can verify, I'd appreciate it.
> TIA,

Outside the computer world (Yes, Virginia/Virgil there are other worlds
beyond the computer.), there are well defined systems of measurement and
abbreviation. Most of these have been in place for at least one century,
and any college level intro. Physics book will tell you about them - at
least they did when I stopped teaching in universities a couple of
decades ago...

Wally Glassett