Re: Modeling or modelling?

Subject: Re: Modeling or modelling?
From: "McDonald, Nancy (The Registry)" <McDonalN -at- LCI -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 08:54:00 -0400

Way back when I taught elementary school reading there was a "cvc"
(i.e., consonant-vowel-consonant) rule when adding -ing that I was
taught, and I passed (maybe still) it along:
"When you have a verb with a cvc ending, and you want to add -ing, you
double the last consonant ." E.g., bus, bussing. I had many other
teachers who said I was wrong.... but then rules regarding language are
conventional and not more than that.
"... But then, way goes on to way..."
Nancy McDonald.