Re: Telephone systems for home workers

Subject: Re: Telephone systems for home workers
From: "Tamminga, Ernie" <et -at- DSC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 09:33:08 -0700

You may want at least to take a look at telephone-company based
messaging systems.
If I remember correctly, GTE launched a market trial in your area
having to do with unified messaging... various kinds of messages
(voice, fax...) coming into a single mailbox, accessible over the
public switched telephone network. Unlike an answering machine, phone
company messaging systems pick up your calls when your line is busy,
and not only when you don't answer. Then a "message waiting indicator"
is set, which might be either audible or visible.

My company creates these systems, which are then implemented by phone
companies who offer messaging services to their customers... so I
won't go on and on here in what would turn into a marketing piece.
But if you haven't already looked into it, it might be worth your
while to check out what features GTE is making available in your area.
Might provide all you need, might not . . .