Re: HTML vs. ASP

Subject: Re: HTML vs. ASP
From: "Tamminga, Ernie" <et -at- DSC -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 13:39:55 -0700

In our current project, the development engineers who are writing the
code for which my group is writing the Help files, do THEIR stuff in
ASPs.

However, the writing group uses RoboHelp, taking advantage of its
ability to generate HTML-based help. The HTML help projects generated
by RoboHelp are then linked-to by the ASPs.

Never heard of any tools for (nor any *reason* for, for that
matter...) whupping the Help text itself onto ASPs. HTML-based help
is fully capable of being "called" by ASPs, and is completely
accessible over an inter/intranet. (i.e., unlike WinHelp, the help
files do not have to reside on the user's local hard disk... they can
reside anywhere.)

And by staying within HTML-based help as the help-system development
environment, you retain all of the features and capabilities of a tool
like RoboHelp.
----Ernie Tamminga
Director, InfoEngineering
Digital Sound Corporation