Citations

Subject: Citations
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- ITEXCHSRV2 -dot- PHX -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 1997 08:34:05 -0700

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it just me? Perhaps my frontal lobe
is just shrinking.

I was reading the current issue of Technical Communication and finally
noticed something that has been bothering me. In the editor's blob, he
referred to the journal as "Technical communication" rather than
"Technical Communication" [note the capitalization].

I went back to Karen Schriver's book, and sure enough, the references in
the bibliography were formatted the same way (sentence caps, such as
"America by design: Science, technology, and the rise of corporate
capitalism").

The way I learned in school (which was not all that long ago), and the
format my Chicago Manual of Style (which is not *too* outdated --
Thirteenth edition, 1982) and various other writing guides dictate is
that the titles of works are set in initial caps.

Help, my brain hurts (cognitive dissonance).

I think I mustuv missed a memo or something.

Jason
Who displayed once, and is now married with children (1.95 to be exact).

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jason T. Willebeek-LeMair
Technical Writer/Editor
Product Information and