My Apologies RE: Citations and Other Grumbles

Subject: My Apologies RE: Citations and Other Grumbles
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- ITEXCHSRV2 -dot- PHX -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 09:53:49 -0700

Karen,

I certainly did not mean to attack the style used in your book. Looking
over my original e-mail, I realize that I dragged your publication in
without the proper context.

What I meant to do was to use your book as the basis for stating that,
"yes, this appears to be a standard and I have not yet seen it." (E-mail
can be a blessing and a curse of rapid communication).

And, the reason I have not seen it is because my APA style book is
sitting unopened on my bookshelf. (Mea culpa).

The main thrust of my e-mail, which I inadequately expressed, was that I
found the down-style within the body text (which you did NOT do in your
book -- a fact I should have stated) of TC to be distracting and
disruptive to the flow of reading. It did not bother me in the
citations.

My apologies.

Jason

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz