Re: Style Guides-Australian Style

Subject: Re: Style Guides-Australian Style
From: Sandra Charker <scharker -at- MASTERPACK -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 20:40:12 +1000

Terence,

> Are there any experienced Australian TWs out there who can advise on
> style guides (apart from Microsoft) that are generally accepted in
> Australia?

I'm another vote for the AGPS Style Manual. In addition, for guidelines
on Australian English usage I like "The Penguin Working Words" (1993)
(ISBN 0 140 51351 5) and relish "Modern Australian Usage", Nicholas
Hudson (Oxford University Press, 1993) (ISBN 0 19 554860 4). The Penguin
is probably the more practical purchase, but Nick is very sane and he'll
brighten your life.

Sandra Charker
Masterpack International Pty Ltd
mailto:scharker -at- masterpack -dot- com -dot- au