Independent Consulting (Montreal)

Subject: Independent Consulting (Montreal)
From: sgz <sgzar -at- TOTAL -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 1997 13:22:02 -0500

I am wondring if any of you can help me with the following issue.

I was a technical writer for 10 years with a French Immunodiagnostics
company, Montreal Ofice, until June 97. I was involved in developing,
writing and translating (into French) documents regarding communicable
disease testing at Canadian Blood Banks.

Since June, I have turned independent. I have a series of upcoming
contracts, with a single client, that have to do with content reviewing
(procedural texts in Immunology). Could anyone tell me what a reasonable
hourly rate for such work would be (especially if you are from Canada). I
am new to independent consulting and am a bit unsure of what to charge. My
first reflex is 40$ and hour. Is this too much? Too little?

Regards,

Gabriel Zarifé