Re: Non-compete clause query

Subject: Re: Non-compete clause query
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 10:04:59 -0400

I worked for an agency as an employment counselor several years
ago. Here in New York State, their Dept of Labor inspector advised us
that, while non-competes were legal, they tended to be unenforceable
because they violated people's right to work.
Maybe you should check w/ your state's Dept of labor. There also
used to be separate laws governing agencies. (I'm thinking of places like
Manpower, not consulting firms that provide hourly workers...don't knowo
how different legal scenarios are.)

Mary Durlak
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)
durl -at- buffnet -dot- net