New Employee Problems w/ Management

Subject: New Employee Problems w/ Management
From: DURL <durl -at- BUFFNET -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:17:56 -0400

Document, document, document!!
From consulting, I've learned that, when a client asks/insists
that I do something I think is dumb, I send a letter or memo saying that,
as per our conversation of XX/XX/XX, I am submitting whatever as
When it's politic, I'll also write my recommendations *and the
style guide {or whatever} I'm basing them on*. If they're dissed, then I
send a subsequent document documenting the dis.
This saved my butt when I did a manual under the project mgmt of
paranoid illiterate, otherwise a nice guy <g>, at the insistence of *his*
boss, who really should've known better.
Any *recent* mil spec style guides to back up your side? Some SBIR
proposal writing info I've seen requests clarity. Maybe ask proposal
writers' list?

Mary Durlak Erie Documentation Inc.
East Aurora, New York (near Buffalo)
durl -at- buffnet -dot- net