porn ads

Subject: porn ads
From: Rebecca Carr <rebecca -at- WHITE -dot- SC -dot- TI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 11:57:03 -0500

I have a serious question.

Does anyone know who I can complain to regarding pornographic picture
advertisements coming to me on my email? It has happened several times
and I am getting really mad about it. I also am getting alot of JUNK
ads (on how to make a million in a week, chain letters, etc), but
I wonder is there is any agency monitoring this and investigating the
senders? The latest mail says that if I scroll down the message, I am
automatically signing on and attesting to my legal age. I called the
attorney general's office and someone is calling me back. I reported
them to my system administrators. Here at work, I mostly get laughs
but it's not funny to me. Usually, when I try to send a message back
telling them to stop sending me stuff, I get a message that the address
does not exist, or someone answers denying they know anything about it.
By, the way, this is AT WORK, not at while it's slightly
related to this list, I'll understand if you reply to me off list.

Thanks alot.

Search the archives at or search and
browse the archives at