Help file annotations on network drives

Subject: Help file annotations on network drives
From: Walter Jones <WalterJ -at- TRITECH -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 1997 11:02:37 -0700

I found out that when you add an annotation to a help file located on a
network drive, the annotation saves only to the local machine and is not
viewable by other viewers of the help file from other workstations. My
question is how can I get the annotation to save to a single file on the
network drive so that everybody can view notes in the help file from
each other? We're on NT 4.

I would like to do this for two different reasons:

1. This seems like a good way for other people in my company to
internally review my help file and add their own suggestions on certain
help topics.

2. The Help file will eventually reside on a network drive at the
customer's site. I would like the site administrator to be able to add
their own SOP's to my help file that all operators can view when they
open the help file on their local workstations.

Thanks,
Walter Jones
walterj -at- tritech -dot- com