Re[2]: ADMIN: Re: porn ads

Subject: Re[2]: ADMIN: Re: porn ads
From: Iain Harrison <iharrison -at- SCT -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:07:30 GMT

Stephen Forrest <techwriter -at- ibm -dot- net> wrote:

It is legitimately considered a problem, but is a problem with all
newgroups, and has nothing to do with tech writing.

Clearly, you have missed my point as well.

The relevance to this mailing list (not to technical writing per se) is
that this group *is* mirrored to a newsgroup. Obviously the original
poster was not aware of that, because she said she had never posted to
a newsgroup.

It is important that members of the list should realise the
implications of posting to the list. Your email address is sent to a
newsgroup whenever you post here, and the software some spammers use
scans the content of messages, not just the headers.

Once list members are fully aware of this, I doubt there is much more
to say on the subject.

Search the archives at or search and
browse the archives at