Anti-spam and general Internet resource

Subject: Anti-spam and general Internet resource
From: "Roz Ault, Information Technology, X 377" <AULT -at- FAXON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 10:18:54 -0400

The latest issue of NetBITS, a new weekly e-letter from Adam Engst, has a
comprehensive article on spam and what you can and can't do about it.

I apologize if this note continues a subject that is off-topic for the
list, but I think NetBITS promises to be such an outstanding resource
for the general community of Internet users that it's worth making list
members aware of it. (For example, the same issue also settles once
and for all the question of the correct pronunciation of "gif.")

I think list members would also appreciate the generally excellent
level of writing and editing represented by NetBITS.

Their "mission statement" is:

NetBITS is a free, weekly, electronic publication that provides practical
Internet information to individuals who spend significant amounts of
time online for personal or professional reasons.

To subscribe to NetBITS, send email to <netbits-on -at- netbits -dot- net>.
Visit the NetBITS Web site at <http://www.netbits.net/>

- Roz Ault
ault -at- faxon -dot- com