AVI files and RoboHelp

Subject: AVI files and RoboHelp
From: David Kimmel <kimmeldg -at- MUOHIO -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 12:43:59 -0400

We are in the process of writing a tutorial in RoboHelp 4. We would
like to use the RoboHelp Software Video Camera to create AVI files
that coincide with each tuturial procedure. The obvious problem
immediately becomes file size.

The solution, or so I thought, was to allow the user to install the
text portion of the tutorial (.hlp/.cnt) on their system and run the
AVI files from a CD. Unfortunately there does not seem to be an easy
way to implement this without some knowledge of programming and the
Windows registry. Simply making an entry in the registry for the AVI
files does not work. Right now our only solution is to have the user
choose between installing the entire tutorial onto their system or
running it from a CD.

If you have some insight that you'd like to share, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Dave Kimmel