Re: Mac utility to read PC diskettes

Subject: Re: Mac utility to read PC diskettes
From: "Tony G. Rocco" <trocco -at- NAVIS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 13:34:09 -0800

Just an FYI:

The PC Exchange control panel has nothing to do with reading DOS formatted
diskettes on a Macintosh. Rather, it determines which Macintosh apps will
open which PC files by default. Reading the diskette itself is a built-in
system thing that doesn't depend on PC Exchange. This capability has been a
standard piece of Mac functionality since the advent of System 7 many, many
moons ago.

- tgr