Tech Writer Position - Los Angeles, CA

Subject: Tech Writer Position - Los Angeles, CA
From: Kathryn Marshall <kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 14:47:43 -0700

Note: Please do not send replies/resumes to my email account!

Position: Technical Writer (Full-time permanent position)

Qualifications
-------------------
B.A. or B.S. in English, Technical Writing or equivalent experience.
Position requires strong interpersonal skills to interact with project
managers, members of technical staff, and to collaborate with members of
the Documentation staff. Must be able to manage multiple products, meet
deadlines with limited supervision, and be a team player. Proficiency
with FrameMaker, RoboHELP, Word a must. Knowledge of Photoshop, Acrobat,
HTML helpful.

Job Description
-----------------------
--Design and develop software documentation, including user guides,
technical specifications, and training materials for both commercial and
consumer products.
--Develop online help and online tutorials.
--Research product functionality, assess the needs of the audience, and
extract information from subject matter experts and existing
documentation.
--Help develop and maintain documentation style guides and procedures
for internal use.
--Edit and proofread company documents for grammar, style, and
consistency.
--Aid in product design and QA testing.
--Work as part of the Engineering Team.

ModaCAD Engineering produces industry-leading software that is sold
world-wide. Our patented visualization systems are used in a variety of
industries, from home furnishings and textile design to fashion and
store planning. Our newly-forged alliance with Intel will allow us to
exploit MMX technology to its fullest, delivering the next generation of
visualization to the home, the retail store and the Internet.

ModaCAD Engineering boasts a casual environment that embraces the latest
hardware and technology. We are a tight-knit team of software
professionals dedicated to producing advanced applications while still
liking our jobs. ModaCAD is a young company with large growth potential
that rewards hard workers.

Estimated Start Date: November 1, 1997
To Apply for Position: Reference position: TECH1
email resume: dabbot -at- modacad -dot- com
or snail-mail to
ModaCAD Inc. Attn: Deirdre Abbott
1954 Cotner Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90025

Visit our web site for more information about the company:
http://www.modacad.com