Re: Programs new tech writers should know

Subject: Re: Programs new tech writers should know
From: Joe Miller <joemiller -at- CANBERRA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 16:14:00 -0500

Emily,

>Lots of technical writing job ads specify...FrameMaker as
>programs which the job applicants must know. Where can
>I learn about these programs without spending a lot of
>money (which I don't have)?

If you're compentent in QuarkXpress and Ventura, you should
have no trouble at least starting to learn Frame, The concept
is the same, but they each go about their functions somewhat
differently. One of my staff (a freelancer in the evenings) knows
Frame and has learned Ventura fairly readily. Of course, she's
been able to rely on my excellent help. <g>

PS: Have you seen/tried Ventura 7? It's a MAJOR improvement
over the earlier versions with lots of neat, keen and wonderful
new features. We still use 4.11 (never did go to 5) and are
about to upgrade to 7 now that Corel has issued the
maintenance releases.

--Joe
joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com