Downloading

Subject: Downloading
From: Buck & Tilly Buchanan <writer -at- WF -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 17:36:57 -0500

A recent thread on problems getting MSWord97 and Office97 downloads to
install correctly (Unable to locate application error) prompts me to
post Penelope Perkins' (or s's or ss's, I can't remember) correct reply
to a related question.

When downloading a file using Netscape or IExplorer, the file will
automatically try to install upon completion of the download unless
Penelope's instructions are followed:

>Buck
>
>I think what you need to do is select Options > General Preferences >
>Helpers. On the Helpers tab you specify the file extension and what you
>want Netscape to do with it. For example, I have PDF set to "prompt
>user" so that I can decide if I want to download it or start up >Acrobat.
>But I have EXE set to "save to disk."

I'll add The EXE file extension is found with the long list beginning
with .386.

--

Buck Buchanan
writer -at- wf -dot- net