Superscripted text

Subject: Superscripted text
From: Tom Herme <therme -at- NVBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 16:31:20 -0700

Hello, Techwhirlers!

Please give me your feedback on displaying superscripted text in a
manual and online help. I am documenting a software product called,
let's say, Software 32. The marketing/sales types superscript the
numerals (32) and precede them with a non-breaking space.

In the manual, I have typed in the name with and without the
superscripted numerals in body text. I'm unsure of the appearance and
use of the product name superscripted text in manuals and online help.

Do you have opinions of this or know of any convention regarding this.

BTW, I'm using Word 7 and RoboHELP.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Tom Herme