FWD: Re: document ownership/plagiarism (kind of long)

Subject: FWD: Re: document ownership/plagiarism (kind of long)
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 06:13:41 -0600

Forwarded anonymously on request. Don't reply to me. Eric

>That's why I used .pdf files as security can be included no printing, no
>cut and paste -- just viewing. It's typical that this would happen; and it
>could involve the technical publications department getting the backlash.

Any tech pubs department that routinely makes its internal documents
un-printable is asking for trouble.

Whatever the ownership, maintenance, or ego issues involved, no one has
questioned that the company owns all of the docs being discussed. To
purposely make these products less usable is unprofessional and petty.

Eric J. Ray ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com