Re: Windows NT versus Windows 95

Subject: Re: Windows NT versus Windows 95
From: Jonathan Soukup <jjs4315 -at- UNIX -dot- TAMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:42:44 -0500

We love NT 4.0! It seems to be a little harder on the computer and it's
harder to get up and running, but it's a heck of a lot more reliable. As
long as you use current software (32 bit), all your programs should work,
but there are occasions where it won't. (WordPerfect 7 for instance, you
had to order the NT patch.) You'll also need a decent amount of ram. We
loaded NT into a pentium 75 with 32 megs of ram and held our breath. To
our surprise it worked pretty well, but I wouldn't use it for heavy
applications, (CorelDraw! CAD etc.). We have a pentium 166 with 128 megs
of ram running NT 4.0 Server. It works like a champ on any application(s)
we throw at it.

Jonathan Soukup