Re: expectations of an entry-level writer

Subject: Re: expectations of an entry-level writer
From: Jonathan Soukup <jsoukup -at- ESKIMO -dot- TAMU -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 15:42:01 -0600

Just getting an internship is a struggle in itself. No one wanted me until
I had some writing experience under my belt. I remember walking into a
local newspaper back home several years with just a couple of stories I
had written in my first college writing classes. I guess they were
desparate and needed someone who would work cheap, because they hired me.
After getting a few front pages stories printed, finding internships and
student positions were no longer a problem.

-Jonathan J. Soukup