Re: Alternatives to interning for entry-level TW

Subject: Re: Alternatives to interning for entry-level TW
From: "Stephen D. Martin" <smartin -at- RC -dot- GC -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:52:05 -0500

My first exposure to Technical Writing was many moons ago while working
for an Engineering/Consulting firm on military contracts, having been
originally hired as a programmer and actually employed as a Project

My project was in a slow period, and the Technical Writer on the
MiliPAC (Military Portable Artillery Computer) project had slipped on
the ice and required back surgery, so I was pulled in to review his work
and write a couple of documents on my own.

My bosses appreciated my work enough that I was given other technical
writing projects on the side, and that has been my springboard into the

Stephen D. Martin
Technical Writer
Revenue Canada - Internet Highway Initiatives Division

Archives:,, or