Re: expectations of an entry-level writer

Subject: Re: expectations of an entry-level writer
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:14:07 -0800

Bruce Byfield wrote:

> Also, I have a problem with the whole concept of internships. If you're
> good enough to do the work, you're good enough to get paid for it.

Where do the rules say that internships aren't paid? Our interns get
paid from the start - not as much as a fully qualified technical writer
can make in Silicon Valley, granted - and they are promoted to other
positions, with raises, as their performance indicates. One year after
starting with us, all of our interns have made in excess of
$30,000/year, sometimes well in excess of that.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems