Want to Live in Petaluma, CA?

Subject: Want to Live in Petaluma, CA?
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 16:17:00 -0800

TECHNICAL WRITERS WANTED

Who we are and What we do
- ABT Corporation (www.abtcorp.com). The Development Division is
located in Petaluma, CA (approx. 35 miles north of San Francisco)
- Once everyone is hired, we will be a team of 6 full-time writers, a
contract writer, a contract editor, and 3 courseware (training)
writers. There are no openings for the training writers.
- We write/update 16 software product manuals, 9 Online Help Files, and
11 training manuals
- We use Pentium computers w/ 21? monitors and Windows NT

What I require (non-negotiable)
- Any undergraduate degree and 3+ years of software documentation
experience in a Windows environment
or
- No degree and 5+ years of software documentation experience in a
Windows environment
- Willingness to take ownership of a project and do what it takes to get
the job done.
- Live in the area
- Solid references

What I would like (great if you have it?not a deal-breaker if you don?t)

- Knowledge of project management software (ABT?s, MS Project, etc.)
- Knowledge of databases
- Knowledge of client/server relationships
- Experience with FrameMaker 5.0, RoboHelp 5.0, MS Word, Photoshop 4.0,
WebPublisher 3.5, Visio, PaintshopPro, InstallShield Express, FrontPage
95, and Windows NT
- Knowledge of HTML and HTML-based Help

Benefits offered
- Option of telecommuting 2 ? 3 days a week
- Beginning salary between 40 and 65K (DOE)
- Medical/Dental (small employee contribution required)
- Regular working hours (40 hours/week) except during the semi-annual
?crunch time?
- A chance to attend (no trips to Hawaii) a technical conference,
training course, or a class of your choice 1X a year

What I will not do
- Give you a test to see if you can read/write English or type 55 WPM
- Ask for writing samples
- VISA sponsorship

Who to contact
Scott Baddley
Documentation Manager, ABT Corporation
1310 Redwood Way #200
Petaluma, CA 94954
707-793-8318 (FAX)
scottb -at- abtcorp -dot- com

*No phone calls please*
**Some relocation assistance is available**