Re: Overlap of on-line docs and printed docs

Subject: Re: Overlap of on-line docs and printed docs
From: Aileen Asistio <aiai -at- POLGAS -dot- TOPMAX -dot- COM -dot- PH>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 09:45:45 +0800

i'm surprised to hear that you're actually worried about the overlaps. i
mean if you're writing about the same product, i believe an overlap is
inevitable. i even know other companies who just print their on-line
documentation and pass it on as manuals (although i think this is bad
practice).
i think it's normal to have overlaps or even duplication of information
because the on-line help is for those who are just looking for a specific
information at a time and for those who don't have the time to flip over
through the manual..

Aileen N. Asistio
Technical Writer
Topmax Philippines, Inc.