ADMIN: Re: A message from the world-record holder--Mr. Big Sig

Subject: ADMIN: Re: A message from the world-record holder--Mr. Big Sig
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 06:39:15 -0700

At 04:04 PM 10/30/97 James Bauman, today's example of
how not to do it, wrote:

>This message is a test to see if I'm the cause of the problem or just a
>victim of coincidence. My suspicions and my typical life experiences lead

Gang,
Never do this. Let me repeat, NEVER DO THIS. If there's any kind
of problem, let alone one of this magnitude, DO NOT POST TO
THE LIST. As I told James, I'm not irritated by the problem, 'cause
these things just happen. However, testing something like this by posting
to 3100 subscribers is not at all sensible.

It's kinda like thinking "well, the last time I tried to print
after 8 hours of editing without saving, I crashed the computer
and had to reinstall the OS. I'll try it on my neighbor's computer
to see if it was just a fluke."

That's why I'm here--so you don't have to post test messages of
any sort.
Eric

Eric J. Ray ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com