BC/BCE--Stand down

Subject: BC/BCE--Stand down
From: Miark <miark -at- MIJENIX -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 09:52:55 -0600

An apology to the list. I meant to send that "Science fundamentalist"
crack only to Richard Y. himself, and with a much lighter heart than came
across here (i.e. with an emoticon).

I _did_ just make up the term, and my sole point was exactly the one that
Richard identified. As far as tech writing and dating terms go, I agree with
the rest of you that the ruling principle is "fit the audience," and not
"use
BC/BCE" or "use BC/AD."

Mike

!TON .retsam ym si nataS