Re: Tracking Systems

Subject: Re: Tracking Systems
From: Louise Dedekian <ldedekian -at- SMTPLINK -dot- NASHUA -dot- AXENT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 13:24:25 EST

Depending on what information it is you want to track, you may want to
research a front-office suite of products developed by Clarify, Inc.
The URL of their Web site is www.clarify.com. The Web site contains
precious little information, but you can request their product
literature.

At my last place of employ we used the Clairfy product suite
(particularly their ClearSupport product) to log and track external
customer calls for support and service (Help Desk/Hotline telephone
calls) as well as internal project status. Additionally, ClearSupport
nicely tracked the time we spent and any expenses involved with
solving a customer's problem or completing an internal project.

Clarify's product suite runs in a client/server enterprise. All
customer support call information or internal project information is
stored as in a SQL database (Oracle or Sybase) on the server. The
client software runs on Windows 3.x, Windows 95, Solaris (If I
remember correctly), and now perhaps on Windows NT.

Hope this information helps.

Louise Dedekian
AXENT Technologies
LDedekian -at- axent -dot- com