For distributing manuals, what on-line documentation application do you prefer?

Subject: For distributing manuals, what on-line documentation application do you prefer?
From: James Bauman <James -dot- Bauman -at- SAFETY-KLEEN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 1997 16:36:26 -0500

From: James Bauman on 11/04/97 04:36 PM

To: TECHWR-L @ LISTSERV.OKSTATE.EDU
cc:
Subject: For distributing manuals, what on-line documentation application
do you prefer?

The powers that be where I work want more information before they make the
leap into placing manuals on-line. I'd be interested to hear about the
experiences of writers who use on-line documentation applications such as
RoboHelp, ForeHelp, and others------except Adobe Acrobat. I've already
researched the use of Adobe Acrobat in combination with Lotus Notes and had
sent a listing of the responses to this listserv on Oct. 17th.

What is it that you like about RoboHelp, ForeHelp, or other applications?
What do you not like about it? Why did you choose it? What do you think
most tech. writers use? What do you wish you could have?

Thank-you!
Jim Bauman
IS Technical Publications
Safety-Kleen Corp.

mailto:jbauman -at- safety-kleen -dot- com