Re: For distributing manuals, what on-line documentation application do you prefer?

Subject: Re: For distributing manuals, what on-line documentation application do you prefer?
From: Joe Miller <joemiller -at- CANBERRA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 09:25:04 -0500

Jim,

The only thing I can say about RoboHelp is that I
received a trial version CD, loaded it and found that
it wouldn't work. Blue Sky tech support sent me
some new DLLs, which let me get to the next level
of not working. I gave Blue Sky one more chance
and got advice that didn't help.

Another problem with RoboHelp is that it seems
to expect that the input docs will be in Word, which
we don't use and expects to load Internet Explorer
which we also don't use.

When I e-mailed their comments mailbox saying thanks,
but no thanks, I got no reply. Not even, thanks for
trying us out, or thanks for your comments.

A bad experience leaving a bad tasts. Needless to say,
we won't be using Blue Sky products to write help
files for our 36 (and growing) software packages.

--Joe
joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com