Re: PDF: Joining files and printing

Subject: Re: PDF: Joining files and printing
From: David Chisma <chisma -at- C031 -dot- AONE -dot- NET -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 11:08:50 +1100

Dave Chisma wrote:

For problem #1, I agree with Nancy. The other day I made a PDF of a 2
page datasheet with 3 colour photos. With my usual compression settings
enabled (colour bitmaps downsampled to 300 dpi, if I recall correctly),
the PDF file size was around 400 Kb. The same document without any
compression made a PDF of 8 Mb! The resulting printed outputs (printed
on a high-end colour photocopier, not by separations) were identical.
Identically good, that is: far better output that by printing on our
Xerox colour photocopier. If I went by the output available from our
in-house printer, I wouldn't have been very pleased.

So, perhaps it's not the PDF file but the printer that's causing the
blotchy graphics.

For problem #2, I've needed to join PDF files on many occasions and have
done so using Acrobat Exchange. Use the Document menu for the Insert,
Extract, Replace, and Delete commands.