Yet more info about RoboHelp5 hyperlink Bug

Subject: Yet more info about RoboHelp5 hyperlink Bug
From: "Tamminga, Ernie" <et -at- DSC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 11:05:52 -0800

My previous messages on this topic reported that if you have a RoboHelp5
project that uses graphics hotspots that link to Mid-Topid ID's, the
links get broken when you "generate HTML" from RoboHelp.

Now I've determined that the problem isn't only with hotspots within
graphics... ALL hyperliks to mid-topic ID's get broken, regardless of
whether you're jumping *from* a graphic or from within a text-based
topic.

I know (from their tutorial) that RoboHTML itself supports mid-topic ID
jumps, when you develop your project directly within RoboHTML.
(mid-topic ID's are called something else in the context of HTML, if I
recall correctly, but the principle is the same).

But if you develop within RoboHelp5, then GENERATE your HTML from within
RoboHelp, the links are all lost in the resulting HTML/chm file.

Serious problem, for the project I'm working on . . .
--------
Ernie Tamminga
Director, InfoEngineering
Digital Sound Corporation
Opinions expressed are my own, and not necessarily those of Digital
Sound Corporation