Re: DISCUSS: TW and tech support (fwd)

Subject: Re: DISCUSS: TW and tech support (fwd)
From: Betsy Perry <betsyp -at- VNET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 16:43:05 -0500

I envy all the whirlers who have formal systems in which call logging
copies the documenters. Failing that, an informal approach that has
worked well for me is to find out who is supporting my product, drop
by the office, and ask "What's the one question you NEVER want to hear
again about productname?" This usually leads to a lively and frank
discussion. Once Tech Support see that I'm serious about trying to
improve their lives, they're delighted to tell me what they
need. I always ask permission to add Tech Support to the review list,
and I haven't been turned down yet.

--
Elizabeth Hanes Perry betsyp -at- vnet -dot- net